1 cup water
4 tbsp Kolkata Chai DIY Chai Kit
1 cup milk (or almond milk)
1 cup rolled oats
2 tbsp light brown sugar (or regular)
1 apple (sliced)
2 tbsp almonds (chopped)
1 pinch cinnamon
1. Bring water to a simmer and then add in your Kolkata Chai Mix
2. After about 3 minutes, add in your milk and turn up the heat. Once it’s at a rolling boil, turn off the heat and let it sit while you slice up your apple and chop your almonds
3. Strain the chai and add it back into your pot. Turn heat to medium and add in your rolled oats
4. Let them cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Yours may take longer or shorter, depending on your stove. Add a pinch of salt to bring out flavors
5. Right before the oats are done, add in your sugar and half of your chopped almonds. When the chai is all absorbed, taste the oats to make sure they are cooked. If you want them creamier or softer, add a little bit more milk. Cook until your desired consistency.
6. When ready, take off of the heat and spoon into bowls. Garnish with sliced apple, some more with chopped almonds and a dash of cinnamon.